Thermal Compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So I was browsing for some cheap thermal compound and ran into this head first:
Newegg.com - Rosewill RCX-TC060 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

Anyone used/heard use of it? How does it compare to Arctic 5? The paintbrush applicator and size seems great...

I went to Rosewill.com and looked it up and it said something like "available soon" Lolz.. lazy team on the Rosewill site not having the info while Newegg has the product for sale.

If it doesn't solidify (non permanent) and cools just as well or better then A5- I am thinking it's worth a go, easy applicator is a plus.

Sold out when I posted this Lol, I was just about to take a leap and try some too! Just my luck, and watch it be super fantastic and award winning AND go up in price when it comes back in stock..... ok.. so I'll just order some 3.5oz of A5 and wait for results.

yea but it adds $3 to ship >< such a rip off.. it weighs so little. Main use is to re-thermally apply to Xbox360 after I rrod fix them, so I think A5 would be alright.

However knowing what you stated, I think I'll dish for that stuff for my computer when I decide to add stuff to it and all. Using stock settings and stock grease now, which is fine while I wait for my new case and eventually new GPU.. then after seeing what temps I get, I might replace pastes.

+1 for useful information, good easy click link, and helping out so quickly.

And actually quick reading it again, the 6g probably includes the glass bottle and applicator it has, the listed weight is 6g or did it say 'shipping weight' but either way 7>6

I switched from AS5 to that stuff, and it did drop a few degrees. Worth it for being cheaper, IMO.

No problem, glad to help.

I can't cancel my newegg order or I would and get the TX2 instead of the A5, don't really wanna order both to have 1 sit doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom