Is there a better gaming laptop cooler? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to LightingBird Send a message via MSN to LightingBird Send a message via Yahoo to LightingBird
Default Is there a better gaming laptop cooler?

I currently have this cooler under my gaming laptop. Which is a i7 on a 19 inch screen. NZXT ACC-NT-CRYO-LX 120MM Aluminum Notebook Cooler Adjustable Fans (Silver): Electronics

I've had it for a few years and it has gave me so much headache. When I first got it, the thing was missing the power supply. Then they sent me another which worked. A few months later the fans stopped working. So then they sent me another fan base case. Which works but goes out and I have to shake it to make it come back on occasionally. Not to mention, the USB ports on it have never worked. Well today, it finally went completely. Which made me happy because I can replace it.

So I've been looking for a replacement and I think I can settle on this one. Cooler Master Storm SF 19 17" Laptop Cooler with USB 3.0 (SGA-6000-KKYF1): Electronics

Here is some other information on it.
SF-19 (USB 2.0) - Cooler Master
CM Storm SF-19 Strike Force Review - Overclockers Club

It has two 140mm fans that are removable, LED lighting, and USB 3.0 on it as well, so I figure why not. So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better product.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Is there a better gaming laptop cooler?

That looks excellent. I use a Targus pad for my laptop. Targus Lap Chill Mat AWE55US (Black with Gray): Electronics

But if that works for you, go for it!

__________________ Steam Account
Old 04-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: Is there a better gaming laptop cooler?

I have heard good things about this cooling pad. - Thermaltake Massive23 LX Notebook Cooler Model CLN0015

It has a 230 mm fan that moves slower so it is quieter and has blue LEDs. It also has a USB port and a switch for turning off the fan and/or the LEDs.
Closed Thread