Temps for 2500+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pac0

Banned
What is a good range for the 2500+? I used the retail heatsink and fan, as well as the thermal pad that came with it, and I get from 37-43 or so degrees celcius, is this bad? What should it be, and what can I do to lower the temps short of taking the heatsink off and applying AS5, because it took me like 2 hrs to get the heatsink on, and now I don't think it'll come off again.

BTW, I use MBM to measure temps in OS, outside of OS, in the BIOS, my temp was about 36-40 celcius, BTW, I have a 333FSB 2500+ Barton, stock, nothing OC'd.

im pretty sure 37-43 is supposed to be normal for that CPU... someone correct me if im wrong!!

Oh, good, I was screwed there for a moment, it's just the fact that I was using a thermal pad, so I was half expecting high temps, and I wanted to make sure I could OC at some point.

well u said u have a heatsink and fan on ur CPU right... that should keep it cooled.. do u have any other fans on ur PC?

ok... then u shouldnt worry about over heating.. u have a total of 4 fans... with 1 bein the CPU fan on the heatsink (which is on the CPU, duh) .. but yea, u shouldnt have to worry about over-heating

i only have 3 fans (includin tha CPU fan) .. and i have a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ ... one on the side ( blows in ) .. one ontop ( blows out).. and i havent had any problems with overheating at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom