Temperature Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
On my current system, listed below, I run at 120 degrees fahrenheit constantly, and during gaming it gets up to 129-130 degrees farhenheit. Is this a fairly safe temperature range for my system, or should I look into some cooling options?

lol could u translate into celcius.. sorry but im canadian.. we never bothered with farenhieght and inches and yards and what not lol :)

I'd say that's a little toasty for a pentium, but definatly nothing to worry about, if you're hitting 60c, then you've got problem, right now you'get hitting about 54-55c

Why is this thing running so hot? Is it because it's a Prescott chipset? Someone told me they run hotter. I've got a PSU with dual fans and one exhaust fan. I think I better go and buy another fan to setup as an intake or something. Using an old case, none of those fancy side fans or top fans. Sigh.

yeah prescotts run much hotter than their northwood counterparts.. perhaps you should look into a copper heatsink and a better heatsink fan as well

I think I will look into the heatsink and fan as you recommend. I'm use the retail Intel model, and it's also very noisey. Any good places to order one? I wouldn't know where to start.

Hey silver. I know Fahrenheit when it comes to temps outside my house, but I only know celcius when it comes to computer temps too lol. Here's a good site for a quick conversion. I use it for instances just like this so I don't have to wait for him to reply back how hot that is in celcius :p

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

Thank you, Silver. Would I be a pain if I asked you which product you would recommend? Trying to spend $30 or less before shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom