Tell me what you think. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... WOW. First of all persian man, it is really hard when you are posting multiple times in a row asking questions that overlap eachother.

persianxballer said:

I have the upgraded version of that board and have seen that one in use. Although people around here don't like Giga-byte, I assure you it will do you well. Its a very nice board and everything associated with Giga-Byte has been a pleasure with my experiences. The only thing I may consider, is if you are planning on overclocking (it sounds like you are, especially with that venice), then get an Abit board, or if you must, a DFI.

Secondly, DO NOT get 2GB of ram. It is COMPLETELY unneccisary. If you arn't getting a top of the line Video card, don't go all out on ram. Video card is way more important. I would just do 6800GT, but thats me. Don't buy any current ATI cards, will ruin the rest of your system. Either buy a nVidia Series6, or a new generation ATI with SM3 on it.

Those two PSU's

persianxballer said:
Due to the apparent low quality of Rosewill PSUs, I am now deciding between these two power supplies:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159026
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

As for the case, I like it so that's that.

Is the 7800 GTX that much better than the 6800 GT, or should I get the 6800 GT and wait for next year's line of cards?

As for the ram, it has good timings and people regard Gigaram highly. Should I go with another brand, or just stay with Gigaram because 2 GB is only ~$180.

Coolmax's specs look okay, but I don't really trust the name. That doesn't matter very much tho if you buying a 550W psu. Look at me, my Aspire thing does excellent! Not sure on the Antec, it has dual 12's at 19A but i just don't like it...

Never heard of Gigaram, but if you plan on overclocking, get G.Skill, they are pretty good. If you plan on running normal, with slight but solid Overclocking, get Corsair XMS, very solid ram.

First of all, thank you Alex81388, you have the most helpful because you answered just about every question thoroughly.

If I am going to be video editing and a lot of video converting, don't I need 2 gb of ram? Also, I want everything to run without a hickup, I mean no delays. So 1 gb or 2 gb. If 2 gb is a good option for me, then which of the two sets should I get of the ones I posted links for?

Alex, you said that I would need a top of the line video card to make use of 2 gb of ram. But isn't the 6800 GT pretty top notch?

To add to the previous question, will that north bridge cooler fit on the asus ali board? Because the cooler sits right to the side of the video card slots.

From what I've heard, stay away from SLI and get 2x 512mb of ram; it works better than 1 stick at 1gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom