Tell me what you think. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
This is the PC I have already started ordering for. Could you please tell me if anything should be changed?

Case- Rosewill TU-155 Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply
Power Supply- Rosewill 550W Silent PSU
CPU- AMD 64 3200+ Venice
Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-K8NU-SLI
Hard Drives- 2x WD 200 GB SATA
Memory- 2x 1GB Gigaram
Video Card- Nvidia 6800GT or 7800 GTX
Sound Card- Audigy 2 ZS 7.1
Speakers- Logitech Z-5500
Keyboard- Logitech LX 700
CPU Cooler- Zalman 7700 AlCu
Video Card Cooler- Zalman VF700

I'm trying to keep the cost around $1500-$2000. By the way, I will be using this computer for gaming and mainly as my school computer. I also mixed it up with some movie editing and movie converting every once and a while. Please input your advice.

A few things: Rosewill SUCKS. Get a beter case, and get a PSU from Antec, Thermaltake, Ennermax, OCZ, or PCP&C. And switch the mobo to a DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D. As for the CPU cooler and the VGA cooler, u dont need either unless ur planning to OC. Stock will be fine if ur not

Why does Rosewill suck? When I went on Newegg, this case was one of the most reviewed cases and best rated cases. Second, the Rosewill PSU also had a good rating and its rail values were good. Third, I want a silent PC, so I thought these two coolers would be necessary. O, and thank you for your input.

Case- SUCKS
Power Supply- SUCKS
CPU- GOOD
Motherboard- SUCKS
Hard Drives- SEAGATE IS BETTER
Memory- GIGA WHO?
Video Card- Wait until ATI launches R520
Sound Card- GOOD
Speakers- AMAZING
Keyboard- GOOD
CPU Cooler- THE BEST
Video Card Cooler- GOOD

Can someone tell please tell me why Rosewill sucks? Everywhere I go people recommend Rosewill, but here, it seems they are the worst company. And I am putting this together in about a week, so I can't wait till August for the R520. Is the 7800 GTX a good price/performance card or should I stick with the 6800 GT?

Well word around here is that people lie on their PSU's, apparently Rosewill is one of those people, and by lying I mean, you PSU may say 550W, but if you look close enough it might say something remedial like 550W @ -20C. Antec, OCZ and the other places listed dont do that.

That RAM is crap, you need to get some Crucial or OCZ Gold series if you going to be wanting to do some gaming.

You might want to get the 7800, because I think that you motherboard is SLI compatible (I always forget) and then in the future you can get another 7800 if you want and then your system would pwn all (for a little while)

Your also probably going to want to get a better case as well, seeing how the powersupply came with it. Personally I would never buy a case for under $70 and it came with a PSU. The PSU by itself should cost at least $40 for a low-mid quality one.

Get this power supply.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101509

For the motherboard, get the MSI neo4 plat, or DFI Lan party. Get the MSI if you aren't planningon overclocking, since it has 7.1 sound, which will save you the sound card.

For ram, get the cheapest ram that can do 2-2-2-x. If you plan on overclocking get BH5 ram with the DFI.

Also, btw, get the 6800GT and 4200+ X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom