Tell me if these benchmark scores look okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramses1982

Baseband Member
Here are my system specs...

amd athlon 64 3500+
asus A8V deluxe mobo
gigabyte ati radeon X800 XT
2x 512mb pc-3200 ram (kingston)
windows xp

3d marks 03(default test) = 11349
doom 3(high quality, everything turned on, 4x AA, 1024x768) = 42.7 FPS

I was expected to have better scores than this. Should I be happy with these scores or should I be getting better performance with my system?

Doom 3 scores look a little low. I have an X800 Pro and get 67.4 with high quality and 2x AA. 4xAA is more choppy than I would like in-game so I dont play with that much. Did you install your chipset drivers? Also. what Catalysts are you using?

Run memtest to check your RAM, make sure you have updated your chipset drivers (different than mobo drivers) and perhaps try installing Omega drivers instead of ATI.
edit- That 3dmark03 score seems right, as long as it was achieved without overclocking the vid card. I will check my d00m3 demo score when I get home to compare.

Ran memtest, let it goto 100%, and it found no errors.
My cpu is running at 34.5 C 94 F.
I downloaded and installed a driver from the amd website, though I'm not even sure which one it was.
Downloaded and installed xp SP2.
Downloaded and installed again the ATI catalyst drivers.

Reran doom 3 demo at 2x AA and got 49.2

I'm out of ideas, could it be my hard drive or sound card? My hard drive is 2 years old and my sound card doesn't have all the drivers installed yet(waiting on cd from creative). And what chipset drivers do I need?

Are you running it with vsync on? That will always decrease your score, since it caps it at 60 fps. Run it with vsync off.

I ran it with vsync off and got 70 fps

Thats nice and all but I can't stand running the game without vsync. Screen tearing is worse than a bad framerate.

So should I be happy with these results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom