Tell me if my computer is good and what would make it better

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev946

Solid State Member
Hello, I would like some reccomendations on my PC that would make it run VERY SMOOTHLY while playing hardcore games like Half Life 2 with everything turned up without buying an entire new motherboard, and please tell me what i can OC it to. Here are my Specs: http://support.gateway.com/support/allsysteminfo.asp?sn=0029765540

BTW I know gateways are shit but i think this 1 is pretty good-

Processor
Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz
133MHz external bus

BIOS
Intel Corp. RG84510A.15A.0021.P11.0210160839 10/16/2002

Memory
768MB PC 2100

Video
Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB 256 interface

Monitor
60 inch LCD rear projection screen

Sound
SHitty ass card but UBER UBER UBER Boise sound system connected to my tv thus to my computer

Please tell me what i can OC my stuff to so i can run this thing smoothly with half lfie 2's graphics up all the way

get a new computer, PC2100 isn't very good

btw, if you odn't want to buy a new comp, give us a budget

im not sure any amount of overclocking will help you with the graphics cranked right up, really need to do some upgrades.

can you guys reccomend me with some stuff under $400? I just bought the radeon for 250

if you want a simple answer, than mine would be to get either the X800XL agp or the 6800gt agp

however, i still think you should asve up for a new comp

first, because pc2700 is outdated; second, even if you get a new gfx card, that intel 2.4ghz will bottleneck the performance of it; third, the gateway psu is prolly crap, which might not handle newer cards (or it might?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom