Technilogical Trends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I was just sitting here thinking about how fast technology changes. A little less than 10 years ago most of you were playing Warcraft 1 on your old 486 Machines. When processors started to gain in speed, they started slowly, and then we noticed them starting to double in speed. Like 200Mhz to 400Mhz and so on. Then we moved into the Ghz and the speeds again, were slowly moving up, but sometimes 500Mhz at a time. We sit here today dreaming about the AMD Athlon 4000+ or the FX-55, and I was wondering if were going to start to see processors do that again. Like go from 4Ghz, to 8 Ghz, then all the sudden to 20Ghz. Its not just processors either, look at harddrives, back maybe 6-8 years ago 4GB's was plenty of space, and now where almost into the Terabyte drives. I dunno, I think its just cool to look at how fast technology can change, and become better.

In my opinion they are going to need some new groundbreaking technology to upgrade processers to an extent within the next year.

Have you heard that law that a guy came up with saying that the speed to the microprocessor will double every 18 months. However they will have to think up a new way of making Processors cos you can only make transistors so small before the burn up.

Hey Major, How the hell do u cope these days with your current specs? lol
I guess your not much of a gamer eh?

Thats why I love technology..it just keeps getting better and better and better and better and

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom