Team SA||3D||OC: Intel Pentium M Dothan Testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neosteve

In Runtime
TEAM:
logo1lf.jpg

Hey Guys.

Me and MasterJason recently got a couple of new toys to play with one of them was a Intel Pentium M (Dothan) 730 533FSB with an Asus CT-479 converter for our Asus P4C800 motherboard which will be the test bed.

The toys 8)
img3414medium3fu.jpg

Testing rig:

Asus P4C800 motherboard with P4P800 bios.
Asus CT-479 CPU converter.
Intel Pentium M 730 533FSB
Kingston Hyper X BH5 2 x 256mb
nVidia FX5200 (crappy)

I must say these Dothans can fly using just the stock cooler and at stock volts it was able to overclock it to 2400Mhz from its default of 1600Mhz, giving us a time under 30 seconds SuperPI beating most CPU's at the same clock speed.

We where unable to adjust the volts within the bios because we where using an unsupported motherboard and the only bios that worked on it didnÂ’t have options to change the voltage or the multi's limiting us to stock volts of 1.300V.After that we needed to increase the volts on the CPU and the only way by doing was to do the U-Wire mod which can be found on XS. This increases the Volts to about 1.550V.

This is what we managed with a little better cooling and the volt mod.
SuperPi 26.265 - Air - Thermaltake Copper + 3000rpm fan (not the best out there rolleyes.gif ). SA Air record? unsure.gif

26265medium3sj.jpg

Bandwidth: as you can see the Dothan doesnÂ’t do to well in this field.

5804medium4dd.jpg

Still more testing to continue...

Visit :arrow: www.sa3doc.co.za for more.

Very nice!

I've been looking at the P-Ms on P4C800s.

You actually just affirmed something for me. I have a P4C800-D around, and was curious as to how the CT would go. I havent been able to find anything to tell me if it would work with the CT, as it isnt officially supported.

Elbatrop1 said:
Very nice!

I've been looking at the P-Ms on P4C800s.

You actually just affirmed something for me. I have a P4C800-D around, and was curious as to how the CT would go. I havent been able to find anything to tell me if it would work with the CT, as it isnt officially supported.

We using the vanilla P4C800 witch isnt officially supported motherboard. All we did was flash the board to an bios which was supported to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom