Taking Parts from Dell Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorWhite

Beta member
Currently i have a Dell running at 2.4ghz 533fsb with 512ram. I plan on buying a new mobo + processor that will run at 3ghz 800fsb. I have been told that Dell customizes their mobos and cases so that only Dell mobos will fit in Dell cases. This means i also plan on buying a new case, so what i wanna know is if i can take the Heatsink/duct and power supply from my dell case and move it into my new one? Or does Dell customize the power supply and heatsink so that it only fits in a Dell case too?

If anyone knows about this, or has any suggestions .. post a reply or email me at TrevorWhite13@hotmail.com or find me on AIM at TrevorAWhite13. Thanks

no, you cant use them, they are proprietary, sorry, just sell em on ebay, your processor should come with a heatsink and fan, and your case should have a PSU

Whitey,, you are correct in your information!

Dell does customize their MOBO for their cases,, I bought a machine with some RDR ram was more cost effective to replace the internal parts than to purchase more RDR and then when I went to do that ,, I was told and found out exactly what you ask,,

Dell customizes their MOBOS in their systems,,, Bastage!

So,, It was a new build for me,, new case,,came with PWS,,400w,, and New MOBO,, pulled the HD's and all the internal cards,, and now have an expensive husk of a Dell sitting in my basement,,

Glad I'm not alone,,

cheers,,

Can i sell the Dell mobo?

Is it possible for me to sell the Dell 2.4 mobo? Like will it fit in another machine.. or just the Dell?

depends. It will work in other cases as long as it has the right dimensions but chopping up a brand name comp ain't to smart

ive switched out cases on Dells and Gateways , but you need to no how to setup your front panel wires .Both Dell and Gateway have a peculiar way of routing there conections .I used the duct as well but i did have to mod it .Bottom line is they work in any case if you no how to do it hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom