System Standby Isn't "Standby"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeromem

Solid State Member
I just recently built my new computer. Standby worked perfectly fine. But after having it for a week or two, the system does a very strange thing. It goes into standby, but all the fans are still running, I know it's in standby because I hear the hard drive shut off and USB devices are temporarily disabled (the lights on my wireless Logitech Keyboard and mouse's HUB shut off). Anyway, I did somethin bad at one point and ended up re-formatting my computer. It suddenly went into standby fine with all fans off and everything, but did the same thing after a few weeks. I tried logging off and using standby there, just in case it was a process I had running that kept it from a proper standby, but that didn't work either. Maybe one of you folks knows what the hell I'm missing? Any help is appreciated, and thanks.

Alright, the problem with the entire system powering down has been fixed. However, I have a Logitech cordless MX Duo. It apparently isn't able to wake my PC up from standby (it has before). I checked the BIOS, and "Wake up from S3 by USB Keyboard" is enabled. Anyone have a clue why it's not workin? I checked, and no USB devices are even powered. I'll keep working on it, but if anyone has anything, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom