System Shutdown 1:00min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Solid State Member
This is the site i see everytime i turn on my computer. It says that it is a RPC server error. I looked in Disk Management and it says it can't connect to server. Also my LAN connection disappeared from my computer. An IT person checked out my computer and said it was an IPC Virus and that i should download a service pack from Microsoft.com. I tried to load it during the 1:00, but that wasnt enough time. I tried to enter safe mode but it blinked passed that screen for the first 20 times. I dont know what caused that. Now it randomly asks me when i turn on my computer if i want to go to safe mode. I got the chance to install the service pack and i turned on the computer in normal mode and the problem still occured. Still no LAN connection after all that work. Can anyone help me!? My OS is XP.

Isn't that the Blaster Worm?

Someone want to post the fix for this for him? I have limited internet at work.

yea thats the blaster worm
either get sp1, or go on symantec website or mcaffee

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.c.worm.html

download the file above, heres a little info on it.

W32.Blaster.Worm is a worm that exploits the DCOM RPC vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026) using TCP port 135. The worm targets only Windows 2000 and Windows XP machines. While Windows NT and Windows 2003 Server machines are vulnerable to the aforementioned exploit (if not properly patched), the worm is not coded to replicate to those systems. This worm attempts to download the msblast.exe file to the %WinDir%\system32 directory and then execute it. W32.Blaster.Worm does not have a mass-mailing functionality.

Additional information and an alternate site from which to download the Microsoft patch is available in the Microsoft article, "What You Should Know About the Blaster Worm and Its Variants."

We recommend that you block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level, and then block the following ports, if you do not use the following applications:

* TCP Port 135, "DCOM RPC"
* UDP Port 69, "TFTP"

The worm also attempts to perform a Denial of Service (DoS) on the Microsoft Windows Update Web server (windowsupdate.com). This is an attempt to prevent you from applying a patch on your computer against the DCOM RPC vulnerability.

Blaster Worm/PC Shut Down

I hvae a PC with the Blaster Worm and while working on the repair it beagn rebooting without my input. It won't go past the Windown screen and when I try safe mode it doesn't make it that far either. I can't run any of the patches because I can't get into windows or even a dos prompt. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom