system resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz202

Baseband Member
Whenever I used to check my system resources, it would say they where around 90% free. Nowadays it only ever says it's around 70% free give or take. It does seem to slow it down some. I was wondering where to look to see what's causing this and if there is anything I can do to alter it?

Thanks

Maybe we can help you?

Post your specs, and check your Ctrl.+Alt+Delete menu to see if you're using a lot of resources on adware and usless programs.

1.3GHz Celeron
192 mg ram
on board video and sound
12.7 GB hard drive

Ctrl.+Alt+Delete menu consists of Explorer, Avgemc, Zlclient, Enternet, Qdcsfs, Avgcc, Lexpps, Systray, Wmexe.

Ok try this.
START> CONTROL PANEL> SYSTEM> ADVANCED> "PERFORMANCE" SETTINGS> ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE > ADVANCED> VIRUTAL MEMORY> CHANGE> CUSTOM SIZE> Change the Min Page file and the Max page file to 1000, then hit set.

Also since you have on-board video you are using CPU cycles for video, also ram is being eaten up. Get a $20 3-D card, anything is better then on-board..........

Thanks for the tip. I just changed my settings. As far as the video card goes I have been thinking about that already. And plan on getting something soon.
Again thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom