System keeps crashing on certain demanding games such as bf2 but doesnt on 3d mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasagawa

Beta member
Hey guys i posted this problem also in the gaming area on bf2 my system crashes freezes it alsosometimes happens on prince of persia warrior within i dont understand it i more than meet the system requirements and it doesnt happen on 3d mark 2005 so why does it happen on games ive updated all the nforce and gpu drivers still crashes ive even set all graphics too a minimum still crashes ive reinstalled windows and reinstalled all motherboard drivers etc can anyone shed any light on this problem coz i really want to play this **** game for more than 30 mins and get some performance out of my hard earnt easy spent cash :p

This used to happen to me after about an hour or so of playing BF2 (even a couple times with HL2)... I had my RAM overclocked to 240Mhz, so I brought it back down to 200Mhz. I haven't had BF2 crash since. I've got basically the same specs that you have (3000+ OC'd to 2.4Ghz, eVGA 6600GT), but I have a full GB of RAM, so maybe you need to get more RAM? I'm not sure exactly what to tell you... it seems like a lot of people have similar problems with BF2.

Defiantely overheating, check your temperatures, at a certain temperature your pc shuts down, I suggest AS5 if aren't already using it and a new heatsink/fan combo.

Was it happening before patch 1.3 release ? Theres been alot of complaints on crashing sense the latest 1.3 patch was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom