System files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt

Solid State Member
My laptop seems to be short of one/some systems file. One I know of is vhboy.exe, if I'm not wrong. Where can I check my system files, and are they complete? I get errors every now and then.

I have used AVG Anti-Virus, and there are no virus. And one more question, is there anyway I check my boot sector? Thanks for any attention.

Your best and quickest bet to solve the problem is to backup your data and reload the o/s. It will be quicker and less headache.

A popup appear and diappear at once, after I run the sfc. Does I have other options then to reload the o/s? Is it considered format also?

I believe if you use the System Restore disc that came with your laptop you will not loose any information stored on the lappy.

You should get prompted with a choice, Full format recovery or another option to let you reinstall the O/S w/ loosing data.

i have had system files dispearing off my pc like my "autoexec.nt" file that likes to take a holiday about once a year of so and never come back. i fix the problem by just getting a friends "autoexec.nt" file and copy back into my system32 directory. you can find all the system files nessary to running you pc in the "C:\windows" directory but it is impossable to tell is you are missing any unless you get a error telling you that you are missing a certain file or certain program or device wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom