System Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
I heard that if you go to system config and go under startup in Windows XP, you should uncheck all the programs except a couple for system performance. Can someone please tell me what those are that needs to be checked while everything else is unchecked? Thanks in advance.

are u referring to typing in "msconfig" in run?

if you are, i'd uncheck everything you don't need, but keep everything related to windows checked

yeah, in msconfig. but thats exactly my problem, i dont know those programs that are needed running for windows which is why i posted.

if i remember correctly, it shows where the files are located to the right of its name

the windows ones are located in the windows folder i guess

meh, i'm not an xpert on this

All depends what you need to be loaded up on the startup, if you are talking about the "Startup" tab from msconfig then you only need Windows applications if there are any, in my case I don't have any Windows Applications that run in the "Startup" tab, only my programs which I have installed, Antivirus, Spyware Checker, Firewall and MSN thats basicly it.

If you where talking about "Services" then thats another matter.

well under location almost all of them say "HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVer......" even though I see some useless stuff like iTunes helper. can you, or somebody just please tell me what you have under your startup?

well does taking off alot of programs on services improve system performance?

p.s. how can i tell if they are windows applicants or not?

can someone please reply, i'd really like to know because i know this had a major impact in system performance on my old comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom