System Bottleneck..... ????? Advice thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-E-O-1985

Baseband Member
hi i built a system about nearly a year ago 9 months or so... i didnt know much about hardware then what do you think is the bottleneck to my system.... and what upgrades would be benificial... thank you

Spec

P4 3.4 GHz Nothwood core... 512 mb L2 cashe
6800GT XFX card 256 MB
74 GHB Western Digital Raptor harddrive
1024 MB of sys ram DDR 400
motherboard is MSI 875 Neo P Series (MS-6758 (v2.X) ATX Mainboard)
Zorro PC case
400 PSU
standard sony CD/dvd/CDRW drive combo

The 400W PSU and the P4? Northwood is even worse than prescott (speed wise).

Northwood uses less power by far

Graphics card is probolly your largest bottleneck right now, even though your system is fine

003... erm i have got less L2 ram of only 512 KB what would u thing would be an approprite CPU upgrade

If you really wanted a CPU upgrade getting an AMD would be better

You could get a 3200+ and overclock it (To around FX-55 speeds)

Or if you have some money you can get an AMD San Diego core 3700+

And if you are loaded, you can pickup an FX-57

im low on cash to buy a new motherboard and amd cpu... if i had money i would have amd 64 bit sli motherboard with PCi express... and two 512 mb 6800 ultra sli mode... and a FX75.. but hey i dont have the cash... so i need a pentium cpu upgrate on my current motherboard

You realize, that the 7800GTX is out, which beats two 6800 Ultras in SLI? IT would be wise to wait a little before doing anything, DFI is going to release their crossfire motherboard in two weeks, and the ATI r520/r530 graphics cards are comming out in august, and one R520 is susposed to beat two 7800GTXs in SLI. If you do upgrade, I would get the crossfire mobo, the cheapest pci express graphics card to tide you over till the r520, and an Althon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo.

N-E-O-1985 said:
im low on cash to buy a new motherboard and amd cpu... if i had money i would have amd 64 bit sli motherboard with PCi express... and two 512 mb 6800 ultra sli mode... and a FX75.. but hey i dont have the cash... so i need a pentium cpu upgrate on my current motherboard

Thing is you can get a 3200+ and a DFI mobo for less than you can get a 3.6 ghz p4, and you can heavily overclock the 3200+ to reach FX-55 speeds pretty easy without uber cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom