System bios problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
I've been worried about my pc over heating lately so i turned on the cpu temperature warning at 70C. Well as soon as i save my changes and exit my pc starts making this beeping sound. I'm assuming this is the over heat warning but i know that's not possible because my pc was off for a few hours. I use speed fan to monitor my temperature and such. it says my ACPI temperature is 91C. What is acpi and why is it reading 91C as soon as i turn on my pc after being off for 2 hours. I'm guessing why the alarm is going off but i can't be sure. Any help is appreciated. Also there's alot of dust caked on in behind the blades of my CPU fan. I think that might be causing some extra heat. Any idea's on how to clean it.

Short for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface, a power management specification developed by Intel, Microsoft, and Toshiba. ACPI enables the operating system to control the amount of power given to each device attached to the computer. With ACPI, the operating system can turn off peripheral devices, such as a CD-ROM players, when they're not in use.

Not sure what the 91C reading on your ACPI means. I can tell you that 70C is HOT for your cpu.

Clean your fans (and your entire case for that matter) with compressed air, you can pick up a little bottle of it at Radio Shack or wherever.

If that doesn't fix it, get a new heat sink.

My cpu is fine. it's running at about 45 C right now. But for some reason the warning sound for over heating keeps going off even if it's under 70 C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom