switching over to AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the the amd athlon 64 3200+ for socket 754 frequency speed is 2.2ghz, while the socket 939 3200+ freq speed is at 2.0ghz. does the extra 200mhz matter?

Hygor, just go through your bios. Try to understand everything, if their is something you dont understand. Search it up on yahoo, or ask here. Its hella worth it, getting that baby running alot faster.

Well the 939 3200+ has more pins (obviously :p) which increases data transfer so between those two it should be relatively equal if not the socket 939 coming out a little on top. Don't forget though with the Socket 939 you will have dual channel capabilities available to you so that will aid in speed.

If you wanted to go socket 754 you could consider getting a 64 3400+ Mobile, Low temps and excellent OC'ers just like the Mobile XP's of their times.

However, I'm checking up on those mobiles because I know there's DTR, 62w, and 35w mobiles, and the DTR may require a specific board. I'll get back to ya on that.

hygor are you sure you wanna upgrade to taht, cuz its not gonna be a huge upgrade.. and i dont see your vid card listed so it might be more worthwhile to upgrade your vid card

As far as I am aware, a socket 754 3200+ should have the same clock speed as the socket 939 3200+, not sure where you got the source for the 754 being clocked at 2.2Ghz, but I am quite certain it is wrong.

Socket 939 is no doubt the way to go, it just has so many more benefits than socket 754.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom