Switch Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadModderModaX

Beta member
I got a used switch board the other day and am trying to hook up my DSL modem to it, and no I DONT NEED A ROUTER for what im doing, so don't even bother saying that.... I have most of the problem figured out, I have a link on my modem and she's lit, but im thinking that since it cant find the DHCP server that the switch is either broken some how or not configured right. Any thoughts? But in any case Ive been told that my linking was all correct and now its just a problem with the switch.

So i went into my cisco and took this pic for you

dchp10ta.jpg

Yeah I know I dont have a DHCP server, the modem can't contact the DSL providers DHCP server. And I know that its probably setup wrong, I need to grab a serial cable to access the Command line interface of the switch so that I can check to see if it is setup for DHCP, cuz it might not be. Like the sig dude, is there a awy to run a computer with no cpu, wow who said that.

lol, the 'originally posted by' tells you who posted it. Was a dude named bigtimeballer who I haven't seen around here in quite some time

bigtimeballer was banned for flaming (or other reasons and flaming as an excuse, as everyone says)

Your ISP's DCHP server is assigning IP's to modems, not your PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom