Swapping 2 entire computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescorpiso209

Beta member
Well, basically.

I have a good computer, small case. I have a weak computer, big nice case.

I want to swap the computers entirely. My question is, is there any caution I should take before I start?

Right now, I just have both computer towers laying by each other. I am trying to see if its possible for just myself to swap them in a safe matter.

Any tips that could help. If you would like more info about the computers, please do ask. I really want to see if I can do this.

Thanks for the feedback.

You mean you're basically just swapping cases? No real advice to give except don't rush, and make sure the holes line up with the standoffs before you go tearing everything apart. can probably leave the heatsink/fan on the motherboard and just life it out after all cables are disconnected. Shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as you don't try to rush.

Quite simple the one extra tip is to not do it on carpet there is a risk of static electricity ruining a part (the risk is quite minimal) to ground yourself you just need to touch the metal frame of the case. Take it slow and don't force anything it should all slide out quite simply there are tons of guides on the net for building so read a couple so that you understand how everything got there and the clips involved e.g. pci-express cards have a little plastic hook to secure them to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom