Suspect MoBo prob.. Any Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
Heres the prob...

2.8celeronD, soyo SY-RC350, 512DDR 2700, 80GB WD HDD, 400watt CoolMax.

about 1 out of 10 shutdowns the computer wont shut down properly... it will turn off all periferals (ex- HDD, KB, DVD/CD) but the mobo/fans/ and monitor will stay running. Once i hit the power button though it shuts off (i dont need to switch it off from the PSU, i can do it just from the power button on the front of the case).

adversly and even more rarely, when it starts up it will do the oposite... mobo/fans/monitor go on, but all periferals stay off till i hit the reset switch. But it only happens the other way around very rarely maybe 1 out of every 30 startups.
-------------------------------------------

I have ran all the tests, Prime95, memtest, WDdlg Diagnostics... everything checks out fine, and when the computer is running it has absolutly no problems. I ran prime95 along with other programs and games at the same time trying to get it to over heat, and it wouldnt. no errors either.

i know that the problem is not caused by the following... HDD, RAM, PSU, Accessorys... Because i have swapped all of these parts with different ones and came out with the same resault.

So it must be the MoBo, or CPU.

I doubt its the CPU(cpu even tested fine and couldnt overheat).

So my question is... for the hell of it, im wondering if anyone knows if the could possible be caused by maybe an improper Bios setting? or what not?

i already flashed the bios and loaded optimal defaults.

i suspect its just a defective board, but im asking for opinions anyway, becuase theres no way this board is going to be RMA'd. since its a SOYO board, its discontinued. and there customer service is bad enough that you would still have a bad teast in your mouth after 10 life times, if you ever have to deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom