Surround sound system

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
I just realized that i posted this in the operating section, im rewriting it in the hardware.

Is there any1 here who is very knowledgable about home theater systems, surround sound, and connecting them on pc.
If we could talk on msn or aim, it would be very helpfull, i have a few complicated questions.

Thank you

alright, ok, so how do u go setting this up, and what settings you have on pc? how is ur system connected exactly, and when u run the test on the creative mixer, do u get sound out of all speakers?

thankyou for the help

U-Toast: well heres the main questions i have:
I have a panasonic home theater system, the sc-ht900. It is currently connected to my pc via a y link cable to the aux in the receiver ( left/right) I dont have the 6 analogical din ports on the receiver. Using the aux only gives me stereo, and using prologic2 making "fake surround sound" I was wondering if the audigy 2 zs platinum could some how support 6 channel sound, giving me surround sound on the pc. My receiver has all the decoding i need. If i can get surround sound with my system, how would i get it, and what settings should i have on pc?

I bought the HT900 and returned it days later. As far as I know it doesn't even have the connections to do what you want. Plus I've read so many reviews about the subwoofer amp clipping I decided it's not worth it. You are wanting to play something encoded in surround sound from your computer and have the sound come out of the ht900 right? Is the source coming from a DVD from the computer or is it a PC game? My advice is return it if you still can and buy a real receiver. for $500 the ht900 is a rip off. It was the best sounding "all-in-one" "home-theatre-in-a-box" I've heard at Best Buy though. If you want some recommendations on a receiver/ speakers I can help. Does anybody know if there's an online manual for the ht900 so we can check out the connections it has?

Well i bought it a while ago ( last xmas). I can tell you exactly what connections it has:
tv aud in (red/white)
vcr aud in (re/white)
aux in (red/white)
line out (red/white)
optical input
video out
s-video out
component video out (re/green/blue)

Also could u make some recomendations on what to buy?

And if possible not to expensive, I am a 16 y/o kid

Thankyou for the help tho

If it has an optical input that's the only way you can make it play your 5.1 PC games & movies in REAL surround sound. if your Audigy LS sound card has an optical output than hook them up with a optical cable and choose the right input on the ht900. you can use just the cheap toslink optic cables or get the good monster cable THX optic cables for around $20. otherwise you are going to have to settle with just "fake surround sound" stereo coming from your PC. U-Toast how long have you owned your ht900 and has the sub started clipping yet? if it hasn't how much is the volume turned up on the ht900 subwoofer?

ok, I have my audigy 2 zs platinum now, and my system is connected to it via the optical output in the drive to the input on the receiver. I got the system last christmas, and what do u mean by the sub clipping? It seems to me it is working fine. The sub level goes from 1-4, i have it on 4. And the sound level on the receiver is usually between -20 and -34. I dont know y it is -, but its like that. I have my receiver set to digital input. It is working great for now. What settings i need to make on pc to get surround in games and movies?

Could you also recommend me a good receiver/speakers for a reasonable price. Thankyou very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom