Super Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadweight

In Runtime
Recently, ive been trying to watch some .ogg files. i tried several codecs but found that Xvid worked and ive been using that through Divx. but now whenever i try to open a file, it pauses for a moment. or when i drag a folder, i looks like the framerate drops to 3 ( u know, like when the top half of the folder starts to move and the bottom half slowly follows). I use Samurize to monitor my heat temps with speedfan and when my comp is idle, it says cpu % is at 5-9%. Ive only recently had this problem after installing a lot of goodies (samuize, speedfan, Xvid, stardownloader, Alcohol 120%, cabdrivecleaner and others.) is there any way to find my CPU cycles stealing Application other than the system managers applications menu and delete/uninstall them?

P.S. Samurize and Speedfan are the only things in Start>Programs>Startup

P.P.S. my Comp Specs are in the Signature

what vid player u using? did u try starting in safe mode and running the video to verify if it works without the extra stuff u installed?

I would try uninstalling some of those goodies. If the problem started after their installation, then it probably has something to do with them.

I agree with codeine on the uninstallation.

Also, check to see how fragmented your hard drive is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom