Suggestions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
ok, i have a AMD socket A, and a Intel Socket 478, mobo's all setup.

i plan on selling, so im looking for advice on what kinda material to put on the HSF clips to make them tamper proof (like those stickers over the corners of cases, that say 'Warrenty void if removed'. doesnt have to bea sticker though, anything that would provide the same resault = like if someone returned it to me, but i could tell if the material was tampered/broken/ or missing)

if your not familiar with one of these, the pics are bellow...

AMD.jpg

Intel.jpg

Just put food coloring in the artic silver 5 or something... Just a bit at the corner

Try use an invisable pen or somewhat, like draw a line from one place to the next but make sure you align it really, really good using a ruler, just an idea.

Junkyards mark the parts they sell so if you return it they'll know that it is their part and not a different one. The invisible pen is a good idea, but lining it up won't make a difference with the HSF, as it has to be lined up.

I'd mark each and every part, though.

How about attaching one of those exploding dye packs like they do with clothing? That wold be a good way to tell if it had been tampered with huh?

It would be, but I think they only work on fabrics because they've gotta be connected through something? and it's going to be hard putting it through metal. Nice idea though ;).

Have you never had the urge to pull one off? :p

to try and clear a few things up...

im not selling just the bourds(though i could) i have all the parts for 2 hole systems. but only tested posting into both Bios's so far, and thy posted fine, so hopfully no complications will showup later on.

1) SY-KT600, Xp 3000+ 400fsb, corsairVS 512ddr400, eVGA 6600GT, 250gb ATA100 WD, NEC 16x DL DVDrw/48xCDrw, 7-1memcard reader, 50pak of 4x DVD+Rs. all OS, programs, and games preinstalled + image drive. ima sell for $680

2) SY-RC350, 2.8 celeronD, corsairVS 512ddr400, onbourd 9100 ATI, 80gb, a DVD/CD combodrive, a external CDrw drive, 50pak of CDr's. preinstalled blabla. ima sell for $380
-----------------------------------------------------

i dont think applying colloring to a portion of the acrtic silver would help because.... if it gets returned to me, i wont to beable to just see if it was tampered with, without haveing to remove the HSF and reapply the AS5.
---------------------------------------------------

the invisable pen is a good idea, but i dont think it could work in this situation, because the HSF's only fit in 1 spot... (i have the pic's that i took so i know witch direction i put them on) but if some one else was to put them on in the same direction, it would be in the exact same position.
------------------------------------------

i still cant think of a proper material for this, so please more suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom