430 Enermax PSU
9600 PRO
Audigy 2
XP PRO w/ latest updates
What I have tried (but didnt fix it)
Windows 2K and latest
9800 Pro
Different Ram

So what I am asking for is there any easy fixes I coudl try, or possible software issues? (Drivers or such)

what do you mean by stutter?
system kinda laggs or is it like a graphics or audio issue?
i need some info on what the system is actually doing.

Well it will be running fine, then it will just stop for like 3 seconds mabye 5, and just hang on the frame nad loop the same sound ( i guess its more of a pause then a stutter), but not recently it is beginning to just freeze my whole comptuer.

sounds to me like either a hardware conflict or malfunction, or a virus. do an update on your virus scanner and run a system scan, also check your hard disk for errors, and then run a defrag, alot of times these simple matinence steps can fix it. if not then, check you cpu temps, and make sure there not to high if they are high check the heatsink for dusk clogs and make sure the fan is running at top performance, (usualy between 3500 and 5000 rpm)
but to me it sounds like a virus, ive had that problem before, also ive had problems with xp just doing that because it seems to not want to empty the temp folder durring reboots and shutdowns an they clog up my drive. i swithced to win2000 and havent got that error.
but i highly recomend to check for viruses first.

download the free version of AVG antivirus. it can detect alot
of viruses and malaculous files that norton and other scanners miss, espesially the ones in the system volume information.
here is the url
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

hope i was of help

GL

thanks for the help,
but i dont think it is a virus, this problem has been going on since august 2003, lol :D

and ive formatted numerous times tried diff op systems and diff hardware,
thanks for the input though

hmmm.
make sure you dont have duplicates of your video driver installed, or multiple video drivers.
if you are running a PCI or AGP card, make sure you have the correct settings and drivers installed.
perhaps try downclocking your system a bit to see if that helps, sometimes a high multiplyer or cpu buss can cause the system to run unstable despite the temps of the system.

Also scan for Spyware, that stuff can really dent your computers performance. I really can't tell you what the problem is apart from that, it may be the hard drive though.

ya downclocking is my next idea im gonna try
ive also been told that the abit nf7-s sometimes requires a heatsink on the southbridge, i havent tried that , what about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom