Stupid Stupid cd-burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyluli

Baseband Member
Hi all.
I have an Acer 12x8x32 cdrw in my computer. I have not used it for several months. Recently I decided I'd like to burn some cd's off. I plugged the cd burner in (it is an internal drive). The cd burner will not work. I put a music cd in the drive and it will not read the cd at all. It does have power as the light on the front of the burner does come on. It does show up as Drive E: under my computer as well. When I put a disc in, the "disk in" light comes on, but it does not read the cd.
Is there anything I can try to get this cdr working, or is it time for the trash bin? I have not used the cdrw that much and it should not be dead already! Course I have the worst luck getting these things to EVER work right anyway. Grrr.:mad:

yeah, go out and spend the $36 for a new sony 52x cdrw burner. they are cheap these days if you get the ones that are not packaged with software.

Alrighty then. Where do you recommend I buy this from? Local store like Best buy or CompUSA or online?
Also, what is the best burning software I can use with a cd-burner that is Compatible with Windows XP Professional? My stupid easy cd creator software isn't compatible.

easy cd creator has always given me probs.

go to a local computer store, not mainstream like bestbuy cuz you'll get raped on the price. I don't know how big of a town you live in but like here in san diego, there are dozens of hole in the wall computer stores that sell burners etc @ wholesale prices.

depending on the type of burning you are going to be doing, just basic music and data cd's get something free from www.downloads.com but if you are burning bootables and cd images etc, go with NERO.

Look around on sites like newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, or monarchcomputer.com! All great sites, decent prices and large selection.

Rizinc,
Funny you mentioned that as I was just thinking about buying this drive off of Newegg for $35.99.

Samsung Black 52X32X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Model TS-H492A/WBGH, OEM

Thanks guys!

I think CloneCD is the best program for copying CD's
but yeah I think it's best to get a new 52x burner, maybe get a burner which reads DVD's
LG or Sony 52x32x52x16

Clone CD, I'll take a look for it. Anyone else have recommendations for Free burning software to use on data cd's and music/mp3's?

make sur ur power supply cable is hooked up and EIDE and audio cable ar hooked up as well! if i wuz u though do like the guys said....just buy a new SONY! ther cheeeeeaaaaapppp!:D
ohhhh yeah u want to make sur its not ur mobo thats causin the prob! :p maybe a faulty EIDE connector?????? good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom