Stupid question in regard to Monitor cables and Workstation Graphic Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I know that this is a stupid question as I rarely ever deal with nVidia Quadro cards.

Why is it that the Monitor connection are completely different on the back of workstation video cards. I am talking about the connections that are normaly found on the back of a some thing like a nVidia Quadro video card?

I am not talking about Gaming Video cards here. i am talking about cards that some one that might be doing 3D CADCAM or 3D Rendering might use.

What cards are you referring to? The Quadro cards I see all have DVI on the back of them...

hy is it that the Monitor connection are completely different on the back of workstation video cards. I am talking about the connections that are normaly found on the back of a some thing like a nVidia Quadro video card?

What do you mean? Whats so different?

I don't know why they have different connector

but the OP is talking about "DisplayPort"

I guess it's just like how we have firewire and USB

What cards are you referring to? The Quadro cards I see all have DVI on the back of them...

Not on the ones I have seen. Spoke with a friend of mine about it as he's explain it too me . The port on quarda cards so you can plug 2 monitors into the one port. However you need the special splitter cable for them and they are not cheap

After doing a LOT googling, this is the port that I am talking about

3270412_640.jpg

I guess it is similar to some of the hardware SATA controller cards you can buy, has a special port that has a cable that goes into it that splits into 2/4/6/8 or more cables... IMO, that isn't a great idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom