Stuck in Safe Mode. please help.... or else I'm in lots of trouble!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
Thank you if you read this, I really need help...

I started up a friends computer, hoping to email myself a file I had previously written on it. I decided that I would listen to music I had on my flash drive while I was doing so. I unplugged the keyboard so that my flash drive could fit. The speakers didn't work. I took the flash drive out and put the keyboard back in. Next, I set up a private internet connection, which I would use to send my file. I connected, but nothing loaded. After being frustrated, I restarted the computer after disconnecting.

When I restarted, windows xp pro told me that there was a hardware failure and I had a few options. Some of them were "safe mode", "system restore", and "start up normally"

I chose "start up normally", thinking that windows should auto detect the keyboard... etc.

Instead of starting up normally, it just rebooted, taking me back to the original screen. This time I chose the "safe mode" option. I started up in safe mode, and the first thing I did was go to management to scan for hardware changes. No new hardware found. So, I rebooted. However, when I finally got windows to boot up I still have the same 4 bit colors and 800x600 resolution.

All the graphics appear as though they are the safe mode graphics... The only reason I would think that it isn't safe mode is because it doesn't say so in the corner of the screen when I start up.

The video card is fine.

What happened to the graphics? Or is it actually a glitch? Am I somehow still in safe mode? How can I fix this? (w/ no xp disc)

thank you again,

Restart again, if you get into regular Windows and the graphics are crap, find out what make of video card and get the new drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom