Striking Nintendo Resemblance in my Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I got this laptop, and it is a peice of crap. However, it is a laptop, and my only laptop, therefore it is my peice of crap that I need to keep. I cannot afford another, but cannot afford to really dump a whjole lot of money into this one, it is an IBM Thinkpad A31.

Remember the classic Nintendo? Remember the artifacts that you would always get onscreen, and sometimes the game wouldnt work at all and you had to repeatedly hit the nintendo and blow into the game until it worked? Well, those kinds of artifacts I am getting on my laptop screen. Like Nintendo, sometimes the screen wont work at all. It will have all kinds of crazy colors and lines, and I have to reset and hit it and hold parts of the screen in and sometimes it will work. Does everyone know what I'm saying?

I realize that more than likely the screen is f*cked, but it cost mad dough to get a new one (more than I got, anyway) so I'm hoping maybe it's just the inverter board so I could just replace that since it is fairly cheap.

Any suggestions? Need more information?

I remember that, still do that with my NES. Anyways, you should maybe update drivers, or anything.

that sux man I feel your pain. If the screen is shot (and it sounds like it is) try an external monitor whenever possible. If you need to travel with it you may be fubar :( Also try getting a good strong binder clip to put on it where you have to hold it to get it to work.

You may even try taking the keyboard out and double check that the thin tape connetor for the monitor is connected fully, even disconnect and reconnect it. Also ensure that all the screws that have anything to do with monitor are tight (careful not to overtighten)

If all else fails start watching the buy and sells and garge sales to see if you can pick another one of the same model cheap for parts.

Sorry I don't know anything else that you can do at this point.

Thats cool man, thanks. I talked to one of the techs at my work, he said that he has seen this is many a laptop, and that there is something that is loose in there.

The way laptop monitors work is that once they get the signal, it dosent change. For example, when I turn on my laptop and the screen dosent work there is nothing I can do to get it working while it is still on. I have to shut it off, and hold the pressure point to get it to work. Once it works, it will work until I restart my computer or close it.

I have the entire thing dissassembled in my cubicle, parrts everywhere. Anyone wanna buy it? See the link in my profile.

Heh. Sounds like my damn wireless mouse I am forced to use right now. The thing is crap. I have it no more than 1.5 feet from the reciever, and it still works sparadically. Fresh batteries too. Last night the thing just wasn't working, so I picked it up and gave it a solid whack. Opened around 5 tabs in FF when I did that. Started working again too. I plan to have it run over repeatedly before the year is out :)

daappleby said:
uuh no thanks on the sale :p you think you'll find the "somthing loose"?

F**k'n right I'm gonna find that! I'm getting paid to fix my own computer, you think I'm not going to do it? :p I wouldnt sell it to anyone if it was broken anyway, unless they had full prior knowledge that it was broken like it is.

Him,

You know what you should do? .........................

You should sit in your cube and disassemble the laptop and try to sell it!

Or.........

You could sit in your cube, and face reality!

LOL...just joking. I'll buy it, how much my friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom