Strange Windows Blue Screen/Booting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd200x

Beta member
I've been getting windows blue screen errors today and whenever I turned of/turned on my computer to reboot from the my computer would freeze after the memory test. I tried to turn off/on the machine again, remove cables etc. but nothing would work. It would just start to work again after 4 or 5 time of trying. Everything is fine now but I'm concerned that I have a hardware problem and am just not to sure how to find out whats going on. Could anyone help me?

If anyone needs to know I have a dell dimension 8300(running windows xp service pack 2) and I didn't always get the same blue screen error when this problem occured. The one I got the most often was a "STOP: 0x000000F4" error which I couldn't find on the microsoft knowledge base.

Also I did not add any new software except a copy of norton anti-virus and a scanner to check whether my copy of windows was up to date when I was trying to connect to my school's network. I removed these the first time this error occured and it still happen after that.

Thanks

i had an exact problem like yours. only mine froze after the windows display screen. well, i was able 2 fix it by removing my vid card n cleaning it. i dunno abt yours, but it might just work. u should also do a cleanup on some other essential parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom