Strange sound problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire Knight

Beta member
Well, its a strange case indeed, although it might be fair to assume that experienced technicians such as yourselves have encountered it before. Anyway, ill start from the beginning. My ,now, previous computer, was on the brink of failure. Eventually, after days of scraping through, the motherboard finally gave way. Note the speaker configuration was perfectly fine on this computer.

The next stage involved me taking the upstairs computer, putting it in my room and attaching the speakers from the previous computer to it. I also took the harddrive out of my old computer and put it into the new one, although i don't boot from it.

So i booted up the new computer, using its original OS and harddrive, and everything seemed cool. Until, that was, i tried to play some music. The right speak played perfectly fine, except for the fact that it sounded slightly louder than normal. The left speaker, however, was barely auditable (you can hear the sound/music, but its incredibly low). So my first thoughts were "ah a speaker inbalance, lets check the sound settings". I did exactly that. They were inbalanced, but upon correcting the inbalance, nothing had changed. The issue still remained.

So i tried to fiddle around with all the sound settings and fix the problem, but to no avail.

So here i am. Seeking help. If someone knows hte exact problem or just anything that can help (is it a soundcard problem etc), please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom