Strange graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
Occasionaly I get 'jerkiness' in both games and DVD's... small pauses/drops in framerate. With games I don't think it's a "settings too high" issue as it happens in good old Quake 3... These are few and far between, but nevertheless it IS a problem and I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestons...

Could I be looking at a faulty 6800GT? Or do you think it's a power issue; should I bother going to the effort of swapping out my 550W PSU for my old 350W PSU (note the lack of power) to see if something's not getting enough juice? As for memory, I've ran a diagnostic extensively and it found no errors.

Thanks.

EDIT: Currently, nothing is overclocked.

I have always thought you had a faulty 6800GT. You are the only person I've ever known who has had trouble with his 6800GT. That card is the best card out now, and it should run everything perfect. I would test the PSU issue, but if that doesn't work, I would look into replacing my 6800GT.

OK, saying that is doesn't happen in everything exactly :eek:, e.g Silent Hill 3 and (oddly) Call of Duty seem to get away with it... unless it does happen but I just haven't noticed it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom