Strange graphics error on Medal of Honor:Allied Assault w/ Ti4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
I've been meaning to post this for a while, I wasn't sure whether it should go in hardware or gaming...

Anyway, my friend owns a GeForce Ti4200 128mb. A strange thing happens when he tries to run Medal of Honor:Allied Assault; in-game, none of the game's textures show up at all, it's like very basic yellow wireframes on a black background... I haven't got a picture to show you what I mean but surely someone here will be familiar with this.
Out of interest, the nVidia display driver (he's using 61.77, btw) states that his card is a Quadro XGL; now correct me if I'm wrong but those XGL's were quite high-end workstation cards in their day, presumably not meant for gaming purposes... maybe this has something to do with it, I don't know...

This doesn't happen in any of his other games, and he's done the obvious by trying to re-install etc...

Thanks.

Speaking for the Ti4200 myself. The newest drivers on mine are also Quatro, They are probably trying to phase out the Ti series completley. Dont know why thou, its not a bad card. For the game, dont know where to help you with that. Maybe try installing the game on to your rig?

It should run that game . I would look into a corrupt VC driver or DX install . What about Game Patches maybe they address some driver issues he is experiencing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom