Strange freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbob

Solid State Member
I've had this computer for about 7 months now. Built it from scratch. just recently I transfered all my hardware to another case and shortly after these freeze ups started occurring. Along with the computer going into BSOD and just restarting. I tested the ram for around 8-9 hours and no errors. I tried reinstalling windows to see if that helped-nothing. I made sure everything was connected and secured in place on the mobo, still no good. The freezing only happens every so often. Some days it'll do it, some days it won't.

I have had my processor OC for a while now, but I'm doubting its that causing the freezing.

If specs help..here goes-
-Nvidia nforce 680i SLI ATX Intel mobo
-Evga Geforce 8800GTX
-Intel core 2 duo E6600 Conroe 2.4 ghz (low clock at 3.15)
-corsair XMS2 2gb ram
-western digital raptor 74gb 10k rpm/ seagate barracuda 320gb 7.2k rpm

If anyone can help thanks.

is your graphics card overclocked?
run ati tools diagnostic (sorry i'm not that familiar with it) and let it test it for several hours.
also, you say you have had your cpu oc'd for awhile...did you stress test both cores for stability?

also, you should probably put all your components back to stock and see if it happens. if it doesnt, obviously it is one of your overclocked pieces of hardware.
i have had experiences where my display freezes and i have tro do a hard re-set if i am having problems with my gpu (like overclocking it too much). but it doesnt BSOD, it just stops responding.
as far as my experience with BSODs go...its always been either a cpu overclock problem (too much heat, too high clock, not enough voltage), or a ram problem (timings too tight, frequency too high, timings not set right, etc) for me.
also, how the heck do you keep the temps that low fully loaded? that seems extremely low to me. well, its extremely low no matter who you are i guess. lol.

is your graphics card overclocked?
run ati tools diagnostic (sorry i'm not that familiar with it) and let it test it for several hours.
also, you say you have had your cpu oc'd for awhile...did you stress test both cores for stability?

also, you should probably put all your components back to stock and see if it happens. if it doesnt, obviously it is one of your overclocked pieces of hardware.
i have had experiences where my display freezes and i have tro do a hard re-set if i am having problems with my gpu (like overclocking it too much). but it doesnt BSOD, it just stops responding.
as far as my experience with BSODs go...its always been either a cpu overclock problem (too much heat, too high clock, not enough voltage), or a ram problem (timings too tight, frequency too high, timings not set right, etc) for me.
also, how the heck do you keep the temps that low fully loaded? that seems extremely low to me. well, its extremely low no matter who you are i guess. lol.

My graphics card isn't over clocked, my ram isn't either. I did do a test on the cpu, for about 8 hours I believe, I'll have to test it again and see if anything thanks for the help!

Also...my case has lots of fans on it, and its close to a window. 6 fans to be exact (not counting heat sink fans). Most of my fans are just standard 120mm but i do have one 200mm on it lol.

It sounds like your hdd could have some bad sectors on it. Run a scan and see if you cn find any.

I did try this a while ago, but I can't remember if it was before or after my problems. I'll give this a try too.

make your paging file on your hdd a little bigger lets say if its set at 3000 make it 4000

Since I have two hdd, one main and one slaving. The main is set at 2046-4092 and the slave is set at nothing. Kind of confused on what I should do here since I've never messed with these settings before.

depends on how big your Hdds are. How much space can you afford to set aside? i rekon set your primary at 3000, and your slave at auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom