Stock Cooler Master is going SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousepad

In Runtime
I just installed an AMD 64 3400+ along with a stock Cooler Mater in a chaintech zenith znf3-150 board. I went to check out the pc health tab in bios and it said my fan on my cpu was going 1800 rpms! It's suppose to go 3000+ rpms. I looked it up on cooler masters site. My cpu temp was 68 C and climbing. I was like "hell no" So what could be the problem? I can't figure out why it's going so slow... I was wondering why it was so quiet. I may go out and buy a new heatsink+fan tommorow, but I want to try to fix this fan problem.... if possible.

Oh and the power supply is 350 watts, which should be plenty because I added up the watts to what I have and it's less than 300.

My outside reader of the CPU says it is 32 C... how is the PC health saying it is 70 C?!

Wow. I suggest getting a after market Heatsink/cpu fan ASAP. 68 degrees celcius is crazy. Chaintech arent good mobo's. It can have something to do with the mobo itself. Did you put your thermal paste on? Im guessing 1800rpm is stock. You should be able to raise/low the rpm.

Did this just happen out of no where?

Well, this is the thing. The fan is suppose to go 3000rpms. Thermal Paste is on, but i have a sensor placed on top of the processor that goes to a digitar reader in my case and it reads it around the 30ish C, but PC Health reads 70 C and up. I don't know what the deal is. The reviews on the mobo at newegg were nothing but great and I have heard chaintech were great mobo's. All my other fans are running at the correct speed.

How can I change the cpu fan speed?

No, check this out. Ok, I took out the sensor for the out side reader (hardcano) and I even took out the cpu and examened it. Booted it up, and it now runs the the 40 C ranges. I am assuming the normal. Right now it is up to 48C with the stock cooler. Keep in mind that the stock cooler blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom