Still Undecided!! LCD or CRT...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that Benq T904 has a 25ms response time...isnt that a little high? I read 12ms or less should be minimum for gaming. And what games do u play Lasrix? I play BF1942, HL2, etc..

i had an LCD for like 1 year, and I won't go back to a CRT. I went on a computer with a CRT, and my eyes started hurting like h@!!... LCD's are so much better for your eyes... and LCD's look a lot more CRISP, i didn't notice any lag or slow response time on mine while playing games...

if you have enough money to get glasses/contacts every year, or laser eye-surgery, then you can get a CRT, but if you like to see, then get an LCD! ;)

Pc Boy thanks! That is such a good point because I do have bad eyes, and notice the strain lookin at the screen for a couple hours. Thats a big deal to me if f they are proven easier on the eyes!!!
Thank u !!!!

Now I'm back to square one...Keep 'em coming!!

pc_boy said:
i had an LCD for like 1 year, and I won't go back to a CRT. I went on a computer with a CRT, and my eyes started hurting like h@!!... LCD's are so much better for your eyes... and LCD's look a lot more CRISP, i didn't notice any lag or slow response time on mine while playing games...

if you have enough money to get glasses/contacts every year, or laser eye-surgery, then you can get a CRT, but if you like to see, then get an LCD! ;)
Since when is this true?

I have an envision 17" LCD and I love it. Like pc_boy said, I went to my parents PC and the picture was crap. LCD's have a sharper image, they safe for your eyes ;) and (in the case at my parents house) LCD screens are flat :p That bothered me so much looking at a curved screen. I play BF1942 and other game and I think the LCD is better. Because the image is sharper, it makes the game in general better.

People are saying, if your a gamer, get CRT. But thats several years back. LCD's have improved so much.

Get LCD ;), thats my opinion

How about these?

-$419 Samsung 19" 913V-2 1280x1024 600:1 12ms Black LCD

-$459 Samsung 19" 915N-2 1280x1024 700:1 8MS Black LCD

-$369 BenQ 19" FP931-D 1280x1024 450:1 16MS Silver-Black Analog/Digital LCD (After $50 Mail-in Rebate Ends June 30)

-$409 BenQ 19" FP937-D 1280x1024 500:1 12MS Silver-Black Analog/Digital LCD (After $50 Mail-in Rebate Ends June 30)

From"a-power.com" computers close to where I live.

I have 1 Benq FP7Ie+ 8ms LCD i would recommend it to any gamer.

The image is atleast twice as sharp as any CRT monitor i have ever used.

pc_boy said:
LCD's are so much better for your eyes
Ok i dont know if this is true or if there is any scientific evidence for it but like pc_boy i do find an LCD monitor far more comfortable to look at for long periods of time. Because of the way they work there is no flicker and the image just seems far more balanced - even compared to some top of the range CRTs.

Perhaps someone has more researched advice on this issue but the way i see it an LCD monitor is an evenly lit panel and not beams of light fired at a screen - surely therefor this makes an LCD better for your eyes.

As for games, ok i'm not really a gamer but i do play the odd shoot-em-up now and then and have no issues with an LCD monitor - neither do any of my mates, some of whom are pretty hardcore gamers.

I run dual monitors on my computer, until recently one was an LCD panel and the other a CRT, the LCD panel was chosen as my primary monitor since it was so much nicer to look at, it took a digital input so set itself up, it didnt reflect light and shadows like the CRT did. I have now switched to dual LCD panels and claimed half my desk back from my CRT maontor - i now have space!

perhaps some of the earlier posters would like to enlighten us as to why they would choose a CRT

quick bit of maths:

CRT at say 70Hz is pretty much comparable to an LCD panel with a response time of around 14ms although it does depend on what changes so more likely around 12ms - Looking at the monitors vaderpro has posted it seems that response time of LCDs is not an issue at all considering some of these have response times of 8ms and should more than match the performance of your regular CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom