Still on the subject of video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser

Baseband Member
On newegg they have the 9800 Pro 128 MB for $210, is it worth it to spend the extra $70 to get the 9800 Pro 256 MB? Or maybe if you are an nVidia supporter, help me out with what card in that price range would be comparable.

Laser said:
On newegg they have the 9800 Pro 128 MB for $210, is it worth it to spend the extra $70 to get the 9800 Pro 256 MB? Or maybe if you are an nVidia supporter, help me out with what card in that price range would be comparable.

It's worth it if you are going to utilize this extra memory. What kind of games do you play?

I play everything from UT 2004 to Battle Field 1942. I play basically some of the most demanding games. I was just wondering if there will be a noticable difference between the two.

Laser said:
I play everything from UT 2004 to Battle Field 1942. I play basically some of the most demanding games. I was just wondering if there will be a noticable difference between the two.

Generally speaking the 256mb versions run off of DDR II. Thats a faster memory. If anything it should give you higher fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom