still some problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
ok well... i just got a new motherboard (ASUS p4p800SE) and a ATI readon 9800xt. Well this problem is still going on so there has to be a setting somewhere... whats happening is, when i would play SWG, the screen would go black and i would have to restart its like crashing or somthing... I have automatic VPU recovery on, and i have a choice. Eaither direct 3d or open GL. I tried both and still the same problem. What do u guys think?

direct 3d and open gl are just what kind of game it is.. that has nothing to do with why it's crashing.. check the temps on the video card lately?

In BIOS set your agp voltage to 1.5, Select AGP VGA ,Select USWC , Select 8x AGP . See if theres a in game render file that you need to tweak. Keep your desktop settings and in game settings the same ex:1024x768x32 . Are you getting any errors while installing?Have you checked your memory with an overnight memtest run. Have you done a fresh install on a zero fill or erased hard drive .? Id be spending more time than money .

i think i found the problem... it was a heat issue. When the air comes out of the fan on the card.. it was just like going in a heat pocket with no fans or anything in there well there was 1 fan but it was a intake fan. I made it a exhaust fan, and now its blowing out hot air... So thats good. But again... i will find out in the morning.

lol well i fixed it. it was the cooling issue all along. it was just blowing into a heatpocket with no cirrculation. So i switched my intake fan to exhaust that was in that heatpocket and it works great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom