stf60 and sli gtx260 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so my rig is in my sig. il have 2gb crucial. and i was wondering if my stf60 could handle gtx260's in sli. id run 1 hdd, 1 optical drive. and standard case fans i do oc up to 3.6 though. i would liek to avoid having to buy a new psu since love the one i have the one i'm looking at would be the stf85. i think this 600w psu should suffice i do have 4 pci-e pins on it.

Power draw for a single GTX 260 is 182, so times two thats 364 plus the cpu and the rest of the system...which should land you close to 500watts.

yea but what about over clocking... my chip alone is 105w tdp at 2.4 and 1.215v i push it up to 1.36. like i wouldnt volt mod the cards but im sure the disk drive uses more then 40w. plus case fans.

yea but what about over clocking... my chip alone is 105w tdp at 2.4 and 1.215v i push it up to 1.36. like i wouldnt volt mod the cards but im sure the disk drive uses more then 40w. plus case fans.

if your that worried about the PSU not being able to cope just go completely bonkers and get a 1000W supply, even though that is overkill.

if i do gt et a new one its going to be the stf85 for 200$ but thats very pricey. i would get it eventualy but for now would like to stay with the 600w. the stf85 is 850w btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom