Step up Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well thank you also I'm thinking about dumpimg my money into this card and do you know how long it'll be till the 512 MB cards come out and are they gonna be need for the games that come out then also How long do you think that the 6800 GT will last until I need to upgrade it again.

no clue it's all speculation really.

I doubt you'll NEED a 512mb card honestly. Just like any hardware it'll take a while before it becomes normal to the point of 'wow you have to get this to be able to play the game'

Look how long 64mb cards were around, even 128mb is still good for todays games, so 512mb will just be for those "oh man I gotta have the top'

the 6800GT will last atleast a year or more IMO, it will be the last card I buy for quite sometime, because the next card I get will HAVE to be PCI-E in which I'll need a new mobo, chancse are a new PSU and AMD may be using DDR2 at that time so perhaps even DDR2 memory, who knows.

on my gateway comp (ya i know prebuilt is crap) i put in a 32 meg ati 7200 all in wonder (got it free so ha) and it runs halo fine as well as wc3 and battlefield 1942 med. settings low res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom