Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kailey

Solid State Member
I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Everytime I start up my computer, I get this popup window .

I know that WildTangent is generally associated with AOL Instant Messenger. I have deleted and reinstalled messenger, and during the installation told it not to instal WildTangent. I did a search on the computer and deleted everything that came up with the WildTangent. I have checked the msconfig in Startup as well as services, and the program is not there.

When I attempted to go to the location specified in the window (C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll), the file cannot be found, nor the C:\Program Files\WildTangent folder.

I'm concerned that the WildTangent will allow anyone access to my computer to hackers. When running Adaware the program is not found. I'll live with it if its necessary to continue using AIM, but if possible I'd appreciate any help in eliminating this problem.

If its of any importance, I'm using a Dell purchased in May 2004. It operates with Windows XP.

have you tried updating adaware before you scan? also, along with adaware, you should use spybot search and destroy, together they get almost everything. my step daughters love installing wild tangent and these progams get it off the comp everytime.

Try uninstalling WildTangent. I hate WT and that's why I don't have it on my computer, yet I realize that that is needed for some games (ie AIM Games). If you would still like to keep WildTangent, then just go to their website, download, and reinstall. If that doesn't work, click on Start > Run > MSCONFIG > OK > Startup. Once there, uncheck the box next to the name of the file that corresponds to the error that you are getting when you start Windows. I hope this works out for you.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom