Standard ATX, ATX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaosiN

Solid State Member
on some cases and mobos it says Standard ATX and some say ATX, are they the same or different? If different , how ? thx

There are a few different variences of the ATX form factor like Micro-ATX and Flex-ATX. But the "Standard-ATX" should just be the "ATX" type. Don't hold me to this, but I am 99% sure that they are the same thing and they carry the same features like 20-pin power-supply connector, cooling condidtion standards, integrated I/O connectors, etc. Hopefully someone else can verify this for ya.

-Mike

It should. Compare the dimensions of the case to those of the board. If the dimensions look confusing then contact both manufacts. for more detail. I really don't see any reason why it wouldn't. But I don't won't you to assume that it will just because I said it should...ya know? :)

-Mike

and if you have a non-standard power supply like HP's you can use my solution: tape, preferably a firm kind not electrical duct tape which will deform with heat.

make sure it is wrapped nice and tight. had to do this for an old computer, saw a HP ATX power supply for $25 with an oversized fan on it that i was worrying about, i didn't even realize the enclosure was too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom