SSD Questions. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default SSD Questions.

Alright, so when I built my new computer I also bought a ssd so that I can have faster load times and what not. When originally running my computer though, I put the OS on my regular hard drive. So a few questions, whats the easiest way of getting the OS on the ssd? And then once it is on there, is there anyway to copy the files, such as how my desktop is setup now from the regular hard drive to the ssd? Also bear in mind that I did put the OS on the SSD, and since I couldn't figure it out I tried deleting most of the files, but no all would delete, so I will need help in deleting those files also please. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
I don't overclock

Default Re: SSD Questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ28-2k6 View Post
Alright, so when I built my new computer I also bought a ssd so that I can have faster load times and what not. When originally running my computer though, I put the OS on my regular hard drive. So a few questions, whats the easiest way of getting the OS on the ssd? And then once it is on there, is there anyway to copy the files, such as how my desktop is setup now from the regular hard drive to the ssd? Also bear in mind that I did put the OS on the SSD, and since I couldn't figure it out I tried deleting most of the files, but no all would delete, so I will need help in deleting those files also please. Thanks in advance.
so did you put OS on ssd or hdd?
what couldn't you figure out?
what files were you trying to delete?

you install OS onto SSD the same way you installed OS onto the HDD.
insert media containing OS, select the target location, and let it run its course.

what SSD is it?
most likely you could use the intel toolbox to wipe everything
*Intelģ Solid State Drive Toolbox

Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

What are you trying to accomplish here?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I put the OS on the SSD, but then tried deleting everything becuase I decided I didn't want it, since I had already set up everything on my regular HD. But, why have an ssd if I am not going to use it? So I have decided to put it back on, but I want to make sure I am doing it right. And since everything didn't delete from the SSD, and it won't let me, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I have an adata ssd.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

You cannot delete some Windows files. You need to do a full format.