SSD Question... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Nubbleet Send a message via MSN to Nubbleet
Default Re: SSD Question...

7.3 is a pretty dang good windows score. Like Mak said, your expectations are too high.

4670K @ 4.4GHz 1.18v | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 8GB G. Skill 1866 | 128GB Crucial M4 | 750GB WD Caviar Black | MSI 7850 Twin Frozr | Megahalems | 650TX | CM690
Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste

You could always OC your cpu and have extreme cooling, that will decrease load times, but is also expensive, time consuming and risky.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Originally Posted by Mak213 View Post
No your expecting to much. I dont care how much RAM your system has, what CPU you have or anything like that. you will not see any system out there that you can push the power button and be at your desktop before your finger is removed from the button.

your expectations are what is wrong. Photoshop is a VERY intensive program. No matter what system you have running it takes time to load. It takes up to a minute cause of all the junk it has to load. No system, no amount of RAM will help. even a SSD will not help.
Well I don't know about it 'not helping'. Of COURSE getting an SSD will decrease the load time on the OS, not to mention Photoshop. In fact I can guarantee it.
Obviously it's not gonna make anything load instantly, but it DOES help.
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Alright well maybe saying not help is not the correct term. But we are talking very little. It may shave off a couple of seconds here and there, but really if those couple of seconds make all that much of a difference then there isnt much that can be said.

A score of 7.3 is fantastic. Win7 can only go to 7.9 so that score is the lowest of all marks and that is only .6 lower than the top score. I really dont think that getting a SSD will make so much of a difference that it will get the results that are expected.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

lol... I don't think my expectations where too high...
actually I figured it out. I had a configuration problem in my BIOS. My bios automatically set all my drives to IDE. I never changed that. So now I changed it to AHCI. HUGE, GIGANTIC DIFFERENCE. my hard drive now is at 7.7 . I know that doesn't sound like alot...but all the freezes, etc.. everything stopped.

It's just like I imagined it would be. smirk. [hair blowing in the wind while I am typing this....]

and now that I stopped look for a solution I can look at articles about OC'ing. Cause I am def interested to at least give it a try.

Closed Thread