SSD Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenschX

Baseband Member
Hrmm I didn't even know SATA 3 was out, its in the product title, one says SATA 3 other says SATA 2, I don't know if thats true or not.

But even if it is you will not see a difference between the two.

Id just go with the cheaper one if you insist on a SSD.

Hrmm I didn't even know SATA 3 was out, its in the product title, one says SATA 3 other says SATA 2, I don't know if thats true or not.

But even if it is you will not see a difference between the two.

Id just go with the cheaper one if you insist on a SSD.

+1 to that.

lol I googled it and the wikki said something about sata 3. I I think some of the gigabyte mobo have sata 3 and usb 3. see:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/mb_091020_333/tech_091020_333.htm
actually I don't know what that suppose to be, because it looks like sata 3 isn't anhything else but two sata 2 ports. but it says sata 3. so I believe them right?

I wanted a ssd because seams like my hard drive is slowing down my computer. [caviar] If I had a SSD...it would be like zzzzzooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm...whoooo... going through photoshop lol

ordered it. Free shipping and an additional $10 off brought this to $249. can't beat that. It's really not much different then the R5. and I doubt it'll be recalled drive. If it is I'll just send it back to intel and wait for the new drive. not in a rush.

The SATA 3.0 that you see with the 2 SATA Ports, is RAID configuration. That require 2 drives not a single drive.

You will see a increase going to a SDD compared to using a hard drive that has platters. But you are not going to see it zoom like you are thinking. the hard drive does have a effect on performance, but you would see much more of a increase from a top of the line CPU and a good amount of RAM.

If you get a SSD with a older CPU and only a couple of GB of RAM you are not going to see the performance increase that you are thinking. Yeah it will take less time to access the data, but it still has to be processed by the RAM and CPU in order to be used.

My computer isn't old, and it sure isn't bad... i7 950 and 6GB of RAM, and now a 80 GB SSD. it's just not OC'd...

I guess I was hoping for a little bit more speed increase then my previous PC which was a Quad Q6600 with 4GB of RAM, running vista 32 bit.

Yes it is faster, and yes it runs Photoshop a little better, but not what I was expecting. I was expecting a little bit of hair blowing in the wind while pushing the power button. I guess I was expecting a little too much. dunn know.

My computer isn't old, and it sure isn't bad... i7 950 and 6GB of RAM, and now a 80 GB SSD. it's just not OC'd...

I guess I was hoping for a little bit more speed increase then my previous PC which was a Quad Q6600 with 4GB of RAM, running vista 32 bit.

Yes it is faster, and yes it runs Photoshop a little better, but not what I was expecting. I was expecting a little bit of hair blowing in the wind while pushing the power button. I guess I was expecting a little too much. dunn know.

ooooh, so that's what you meant in your last thread

you want load times to be faster

when I saw your last thread, I was thinking the i7 950 should be a lot faster at processing images

see...so I am not imagining things right? :)

I figured now that I had a fast processor...mye WD sata drives r too slow..so I bought a SSD drive. but it's just not much better. my windows score is ok, but heck... [7.3 since the SSD]

seriously... don't know what else I could do, or what I did wrong.

There's probably some stupid setting somewhere that I don't know about and win 7 somehow screwed up.

No your expecting to much. I dont care how much RAM your system has, what CPU you have or anything like that. you will not see any system out there that you can push the power button and be at your desktop before your finger is removed from the button.

your expectations are what is wrong. Photoshop is a VERY intensive program. No matter what system you have running it takes time to load. It takes up to a minute cause of all the junk it has to load. No system, no amount of RAM will help. even a SSD will not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom