speakers or new video card????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
I need help. On my computer, I have a Radeon 9500 Pro that desperately needs to get out of my computer, for obvious reasons. I also have a set of 2.1 speakers that are really getting on my nerves. One of the speakers crackles when I increase the volume, and the sound output for the speaker is inconsistent. The volume for the speaker radically increases and decreases when I turn the volume dial on my Subwoofer. Can someone please help me make a decision!?!

I would do the video card first, then upgrade your speakers. Get a 6600GT, or 6800GT if you can afford it, then get some nice 2.1 or 5.1 speakers.

thanks! i can't afford the 6800 GT, but the speakers sound like their nice!
remember---$200 budget
and...uhh...thats one helluva rig you got there. 6800GT's in SLI, WOW! framerates up the wazoo!

the 9600XT gets almost exactly the same framerates as my 9500Pro.

as for the speakers, great price:) low power:( i will consider them!

its a tough decision- good framerates or great sound. i can't go both ways. a 9500 Pro to a 9600XT isn't a worthwhile purchase. the performance increase is just too small.

thanks for the links YanBooth, millerhighlife_!!!

Are you wonting to put all that $200 towards one or the other ? I was trying to get both with your budget. If it was my $200 I would get a 6600GT and make do with a decent pair of headphones if your current speakers are really as annoying as you say they are and upgrade the speakers later.

i think thats what i'm going to end up doing. a 6600GT doesn't sound bad at all. nor does a set of Z-5300's!

I have the Z-5300's and they totally rock. I can literally shake the window panes lose in my room. But I got my video card upgrade first of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom