Speakers I just bought....question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
Ok I just bought the logitech z640s and hooked them up and i'm not getting sound out of the two rear speakers. So far I have tried mp3's with matrix on and off and unreal tournament 2004. Anyone know what the problem could be. Also what sounds better, the computer volume low and using the speaker volume control or putting the speaker volume on say 5 and using the computer volume? And I'm just curious... whats the average volume you guys have your sub set at?

what is ur soundcard? have u switch ur soundcard mode to 4.1 or 5.1? when u switched on matrix 3d, did the rear speakers sound out?
it's recommended that u use the windows settings volume to turn up and down the volume, not to use the speakers volume. i'm using z-560 at it sounds very very great until now. my z-560 is set at halfway volume setting and i set my win xp volume setting at halfway too. and when i'm watching dvd with windvd 6 platinum i set the win xp volume all up the way to max. sounds like the speakers shake my wall greatly :)

WeHa said:
what is ur soundcard? have u switch ur soundcard mode to 4.1 or 5.1? when u switched on matrix 3d, did the rear speakers sound out?
it's recommended that u use the windows settings volume to turn up and down the volume, not to use the speakers volume. i'm using z-560 at it sounds very very great until now. my z-560 is set at halfway volume setting and i set my win xp volume setting at halfway too. and when i'm watching dvd with windvd 6 platinum i set the win xp volume all up the way to max. sounds like the speakers shake my wall greatly :)

Yeah it is working now. I forgot to switch the soundcard to 5.1. Ok so I am using the logitech mx dou and the keyboard has a volume control on it... is that controlling the windows volume? Also how loud is your sub usually? thanks for the help

edit: my sound card is the sound blaster audigy 2 zs

yes the logitech mx duo controls the windows volume . . . but i like the wired remote on my external speakers i have, just because they give the best choices for volume and stuff

i set my sub halfway too, cause my pc is on some bigger room than usual, i'm still exciting to hear how my sub is sounding. logitech has been doing really good job on their z series speakers.

Dont forget Altec Lansing's 621 and 641 series, they are insane, the sub for the 641 is easily bigger than a tower case! i own the 621's they are great, lots of bass but well defined, and the treble is very crisp but not overbearing, crazy speakers.

I think its best to have the volume in windows turned right up, and then adjust the volume on the speakers, because this gives the best signal to noise ratio ;), you will hear less imperfections in the audio. because as good as any speakers are, they can only be as good as the amp can reproduce the sound

i usually have my computer volume maxed out, speaker volume 1/2 way on up, and listening to mp3s w/winamp i can control the volume to what is preferred...or appropriate if the neighbors are home :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom