speaker problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwayFromMe

Beta member
hey. my speakers no longer play any sounds/music. instead, they are making a weird crackling noise, almost like a frequency (when the volume is on). i've checked the connection, volume, and settings already. but i don't know what's wrong with them. can anyone help me?

have you been playing music REALLY loud? if you play stuff too loud you can blow ur speakers. or have you dropped them, etc

It could be some bad volume knobs or something. I had a similar problem with my old 2.1 system except that nothing came out of the left speaker and the sound output on the right would crackle and be sporadic. take your speakers to radioshack and get the knobs cleaned out, or do it yourself. if that doesn't fix your problem, than just go out and get new speakers.

1) the headphones didn't work when i tried
2) i don't think i blew the speakers. i don't play music loud and i haven't dropped them
3)i don't have volume knobs on them

is it possible for the problem to be in the computer itself?

it is very possible try hoooking some other speakers to ur sound card and see what happens. Try reinstalling the dribers or just update them. I think it is prolly ur speakers thought since they are making the noise like that.

i miraculously found another set of speakers to hook up to the computer. and...it's just making the same crackling noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom